Who are we?
We are the Belgian Data Protection Authority (GBA), an independent body of the federal Parliament which ensures compliance with the fundamental principles of the protection of personal data.
- Address: Rue de la Presse 35, 1000 Brussels
- Telephone number: +32 (0)2 274 48 00
- Company number: 0694.679.950.
Type of personal data we process
When we process your data, this concerns the data below:
- Identification, contact and visitor data (name, e-mail address, date and time of visit, etc.)
- Personal data about profession and employment
- Specific categories of personal data (e.g. medical, about political views, etc.)
Any other personal data passed on to us (e.g. video recordings in the context of a complaint, other contact persons in the context of advice, etc.)
The website uses:
- Essential cookies
- Functional cookies
- Analytical cookies
Essential cookies are needed to ensure the Website operates correctly and you cannot refuse them.
Functional cookies are compulsory, but they are saved only after a choice is made concerning the placement of cookies.
Analytical cookies, on the other hand, are not compulsory. We use the Matomo analytical tool for these cookies. These cookies are only put in place if you choose to do so.
Read our policy on cookies
Others with whom personal data are (can be) shared
- Our processors who are responsible for our ICT infrastructure.
- Other authorities and supervisory authorities that help to protect personal data and/or with whom we cooperate (e.g. joint organiser of an event) or because the law decides this is how it is (e.g. the Prosecutor).
- The Marktenhof, the “Market Court”, when a decision concerning you by our Disputes Chamber is contested.
Depending on the processing and the legal basis, there are a number of possibilities available to you to keep control over your personal data:
- Right to access your data
- Right to amend your data
- Right to object to the processing of your personal data
- Right to limit the processing of your data
- Right to have your data deleted
- Right to withdraw your consent
Retention period for personal data
Depending on the processing, the Belgian Data Protection Authority (GBA) has provided specific retention periods (e.g. 1 year, 10 years, etc.) in its full data protection declaration.
Data Protection Officer
Do you want to exercise your rights, do you have a question or a complaint about how the DPA processes your personal data? Contact our Data Protection Officer :