What is Schengen?
The Schengen Agreement and Convention provide for a stricter control of external borders, a closer cooperation between justice and police and bring the visa and asylum policy in line.
The Schengen Agreement and Convention and the rules that relate to them, constitute the Schengen Acquis. Since 1999 the Schengen Acquis integrated into the legal and institutional framework of the EU.
- The Authority
- European Data Protection Board (EDPB)
- European Data Protection Supervisor (EDPS)
- Customs Information System Joint Supervisory Authority
- Europol Joint Supervisory Body
- Schengen Joint Supervisory Authority
- Visa Information System (VIS)
- Global Privacy Enforcement Network
- Working Party on Police en Justice
- European Conference on Data Protection
- Berlin Group
- International Conference of Data Protection and Authorityers
- Conference of the Association francophone des autorités de protection des données personnelles