In principle the sector committees are chaired by the Authority's president.
Each sector committee's president has to ensure that his committee's decisions do not contradict the general position of the Authority, which is why he can suspend a case and submit it to the Authority.
Each in their own sector the committees make sure that privacy is protected when personal data are processed. The sector committees can have different powers, however.
The sector committees draw up an annual activity report, which is published in the Authority's general annual report.
Unless other arrangements have been made, the sector committees are assisted by the Authority's secretariat.
- The Authority
- The secretariat
- Sector Committees
- Article 29 Working Party on the protection of personal data
- European Data Protection Supervisor
- Customs Information System Joint Supervisory Authority
- Europol Joint Supervisory Body
- Schengen Joint Supervisory Authority
- Visa Information System (VIS)
- Global Privacy Enforcement Network
- Working Party on Police en Justice
- European Conference on Data Protection
- Berlin Group
- International Conference of Data Protection and Authorityers
- Conference of the Association francophone des autorités de protection des données personnelles