The secretariat's mission
The administration provides assistance in the preparation of cases. Draft opinions, draft recommendations and draft authorisations are drawn up by a civil servant with expert knowledge on the matter in close consultation with the commissioner-rapporteur, who coordinates the elaboration of drafts.
Within the administration's Study and Research Department several sectors or domains of expertise have been defined which civil servants can jointly deal with. These domains correspond to the areas the various sector committees are competent for.
To treat individual cases as efficiently as possible, the administration divides them into first-line and second-line cases. First-line treatment enables a quick follow up of frequent cases.
Based on the Authority's rules of procedure a number of cases are dealt with directly by the secretariat under the president's authority.
- The Authority
- The secretariat
- Sector Committees
- Article 29 Working Party on the protection of personal data
- European Data Protection Supervisor
- Customs Information System Joint Supervisory Authority
- Europol Joint Supervisory Body
- Schengen Joint Supervisory Authority
- Visa Information System (VIS)
- Global Privacy Enforcement Network
- Working Party on Police en Justice
- European Conference on Data Protection
- Berlin Group
- International Conference of Data Protection and Authorityers
- Conference of the Association francophone des autorités de protection des données personnelles