Composition of the secretariat
Staff of the Presidency
The president and vice president are assisted by civil servants directly at their disposal, the staff's tasks including secretarial support for the Authority's meetings.
Both the president and vice president act as spokesperson in cooperation with the communications officer.
- general management of the Authority's services and organisation of secretarial activities;
- representation of the secretariat;
- assistance to the president/vice president.
Day-to-day management: An Machtens, acting administrator
Organisation and Resource Management Department
- support in the development and organisation of management objectives;
- development of management tools;
- resources management.
Day-to-day management : Nils De Ridder, acting head of department
Study and Research Department
- legal support to the Authority and the sector committees;
- preparation of cases: opinions, recommendations and other documents;
- follow up of cases in the context of international cooperation (Schengen, Europol, Eurodac, etc.);
- participation in national and international activities;
- second-line treatment of individual cases (legal aspects);
- legal treatment of indirect access requests (access to databases of police services, the State Security Service, etc.);
- complaint handling and managing controls/inspections;
- legal research;
- knowledge support and documentation.
Day-to-day management: Rita Van Nuffelen, acting head of department
External Relations Department
- information to the public;
- keeping the public register;
- first-line complaint handling;
- first-line treatment of all information requests;
- first-line checks;
- support to external communication.
Day-to-day management: Peter Van den Eynde, acting head of department.
- The Authority
- The secretariat
- Sector Committees
- Article 29 Working Party on the protection of personal data
- European Data Protection Supervisor
- Customs Information System Joint Supervisory Authority
- Europol Joint Supervisory Body
- Schengen Joint Supervisory Authority
- Visa Information System (VIS)
- Global Privacy Enforcement Network
- Working Party on Police en Justice
- European Conference on Data Protection
- Berlin Group
- International Conference of Data Protection and Authorityers
- Conference of the Association francophone des autorités de protection des données personnelles