Access to the Schengen information system
If your request concerns an alert processed for the purposes of refusing admission or a stay in the Schengen area resulting from an administrative decision taken by the Belgian Service Foreign Affairs, it must be addressed to:
Service Foreign Affairs
Boulevard Pacheco 44, 1000 Brussels
In the absence of a response from the Service Foreign Affairs within the period of one month from the receipt of your request or if this answer is not satisfactory, you can lodge a complaint with the Authority.
If your request concerns another alert introduced by the Belgian authorities (for the purposes of police and judicial cooperation in criminal matters), it must be sent to the Supervisory Body for Police Information:
Supervisory Body for Police Information
Rue de Leuven 48, 1000 Brussels
In principle, the Supervisory Body for Police Information only communicates to the person concerned that the necessary checks have been carried out.
If the alert has been entered by another Member State, the request will be usefully addressed to the competent body and in accordance with the procedures contained in the guide for exercising the right of access.
Conditions of admissibility apply to the application for the exercise of rights by the Service Foreign Affairs and the Supervisory Body for Police Information : it must be written, dated and signed by the data subject or his lawyer. The data subject must also provide proof of identity by attaching a copy of an identity document (double-sided). A lawyer must provide evidence of his capacity and also attach the mandate given by his client. The application must clearly indicate the purpose of the request, including the type of alert to which it relates. Failing these elements, the application could be declared non-admissible.
- The Authority
- European Data Protection Board (EDPB)
- European Data Protection Supervisor (EDPS)
- Customs Information System Joint Supervisory Authority
- Europol Joint Supervisory Body
- Schengen Joint Supervisory Authority
- Visa Information System (VIS)
- Global Privacy Enforcement Network
- Working Party on Police en Justice
- European Conference on Data Protection
- Berlin Group
- International Conference of Data Protection and Authorityers
- Conference of the Association francophone des autorités de protection des données personnelles