Regulation and standardisation
Our activities in this domain mainly target competent authorities and/or bodies on the one hand (opinions - article 29 of the Belgian Privacy Act, recommendations - article 30, § 1 of the Belgian Privacy Act, and controllers (recommendations on further processing - article 21 of the Royal Decree of 13 February 2001 implementing the Privacy Act and codes of conduct) on the other.
Through representation in national and international working groups (e.g. Article 29 Working Party, Berlin Group, Conference of privacy and data protection commissioners or supervisory authorities for privacy protection, …) and through its contacts with similar organisations abroad the Authority leaves its mark on decision making in the area of data protection.
- The Authority
- European Data Protection Board (EDPB)
- European Data Protection Supervisor (EDPS)
- Customs Information System Joint Supervisory Authority
- Europol Joint Supervisory Body
- Schengen Joint Supervisory Authority
- Visa Information System (VIS)
- Global Privacy Enforcement Network
- Working Party on Police en Justice
- European Conference on Data Protection
- Berlin Group
- International Conference of Data Protection and Authorityers
- Conference of the Association francophone des autorités de protection des données personnelles