The Authority in a nutshell
Since 25 May 2018 the DPA has been established as an independent supervisory body at the Belgian Federal House of Representatives.
The mission of the Authority is to monitor compliance with the basic principles of the protection of personal data. The Authority is a federal institution with legal personality.
The Authority is supported by an administration consisting of some sixty employees.
- The Authority
- Article 29 Working Party on the protection of personal data
- European Data Protection Supervisor
- Customs Information System Joint Supervisory Authority
- Europol Joint Supervisory Body
- Schengen Joint Supervisory Authority
- Visa Information System (VIS)
- Global Privacy Enforcement Network
- Working Party on Police en Justice
- European Conference on Data Protection
- Berlin Group
- International Conference of Data Protection and Authorityers
- Conference of the Association francophone des autorités de protection des données personnelles