Global Privacy Enforcement Network
Mission of the GPEN
In June 2007 the governments of the OECD members approved a recommendation on cross-border cooperation for compliance with data protection laws. This recommendation calls on Member States to establish an informal network of privacy enforcement authorities. It listed a number of tasks for the network:
- discuss the practical aspects of privacy law enforcement co-operation;
- share best practices in addressing cross-border challenges;
- work to develop shared enforcement priorities; and
- support joint enforcement initiatives and awareness campaigns.
In the summer of 2008, privacy authorities began to exchange experiences and discuss the practical aspects of enforcement cooperation via a Web Utility. The Belgian Authority is an offical member of the GPEN.
An important GPEN initiative: Internet Privacy Sweep 2013.
- The Authority
- European Data Protection Board (EDPB)
- European Data Protection Supervisor (EDPS)
- Customs Information System Joint Supervisory Authority
- Europol Joint Supervisory Body
- Schengen Joint Supervisory Authority
- Visa Information System (VIS)
- Global Privacy Enforcement Network
- Working Party on Police en Justice
- European Conference on Data Protection
- Berlin Group
- International Conference of Data Protection and Authorityers
- Conference of the Association francophone des autorités de protection des données personnelles