European Data Protection Supervisor
The main task of the European Data Protection Supervisor (EDPS) is to protect persons whose data are processed by Community institutions or bodies (such as the European Commission, the Council and the European Parliament) also the Court of Justice, the Committee of the Regions or the European Investment Bank, for example).
The EDPS also advises these bodies on data protection issues in a range of areas of activity. This authority is established by Regulation (EC) No 45/2001, which is currently being revised to bring it into line with the General Data Protection Regulation.
- The Authority
- European Data Protection Board (EDPB)
- European Data Protection Supervisor (EDPS)
- Customs Information System Joint Supervisory Authority
- Europol Joint Supervisory Body
- Schengen Joint Supervisory Authority
- Visa Information System (VIS)
- Global Privacy Enforcement Network
- Working Party on Police en Justice
- European Conference on Data Protection
- Berlin Group
- International Conference of Data Protection and Authorityers
- Conference of the Association francophone des autorités de protection des données personnelles