If controllers do not respect data subject rights the Authority will act at the data subject's request in order to enforce these rights (right to object, rectification right, indirect access, …). In the mediation procedure the Authority will use all available means (notification to the Public Prosecutor, submitting a civil litigation to court, …).
If transborder violations of data protection are involved, the Authority cooperates in investigations at international level requiring the commitment of all competent data protection authorities in order to come to practicable solutions.
- The Authority
- European Data Protection Board (EDPB)
- European Data Protection Supervisor (EDPS)
- Customs Information System Joint Supervisory Authority
- Europol Joint Supervisory Body
- Schengen Joint Supervisory Authority
- Visa Information System (VIS)
- Global Privacy Enforcement Network
- Working Party on Police en Justice
- European Conference on Data Protection
- Berlin Group
- International Conference of Data Protection and Authorityers
- Conference of the Association francophone des autorités de protection des données personnelles