The working group brings together telecommunication experts – legal and technical experts – of the data protection authorities and other actors in the telecommunications sector. The meetings are held twice a year, one in Berlin, and one on invitation by a member of the group. Since its establishment the Berlin Group has adopted many documents and resolutions aiming to increase attention to data protection in telecommunications sectors and on the internet. These documents, even though they are not binding, inspire other data protection authorities like the Article 29 Working Party, and encourage the Authority to reflect when it carries out its daily task as a consultant and guardian of privacy.
The secretariat of the Authority actively participates in the activities of this working group.
- The Authority
- Article 29 Working Party on the protection of personal data
- European Data Protection Supervisor
- Customs Information System Joint Supervisory Authority
- Europol Joint Supervisory Body
- Schengen Joint Supervisory Authority
- Visa Information System (VIS)
- Global Privacy Enforcement Network
- Working Party on Police en Justice
- European Conference on Data Protection
- Berlin Group
- International Conference of Data Protection and Authorityers
- Conference of the Association francophone des autorités de protection des données personnelles