The Authority's areas of activity
The Authority's various tasks are intended to maintain the necessary balance and have been divided into five main areas of activity, which you will find below.
Our activities within these areas often have an international scope. More information can be found in our "International" section.
This area of activity is closely linked to the Authority's information mission.
The Authority ensures that data protection legislation is observed.
The Authority provides information to the authorities as well as to controllers and data subjects.
When a data subject submits a complaint, the Authority starts a mediation procedure.
Regulation and standardisation
The Authority issues opinions on regulations and standards.
- The Authority
- European Data Protection Board (EDPB)
- European Data Protection Supervisor (EDPS)
- Customs Information System Joint Supervisory Authority
- Europol Joint Supervisory Body
- Schengen Joint Supervisory Authority
- Visa Information System (VIS)
- Global Privacy Enforcement Network
- Working Party on Police en Justice
- European Conference on Data Protection
- Berlin Group
- International Conference of Data Protection and Authorityers
- Conference of the Association francophone des autorités de protection des données personnelles